This statement (together with our General Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from and about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information you give us:
This is information about you that you voluntarily give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text, through our website (uk.synergytaste.com) or otherwise. The information you give us may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number. Where you are applying for a role with us, this information may also include details of your career and qualifications as detailed in your CV or completed Application Form.
Information we collect about you:
Depending on the circumstances, we might also obtain personal data about you from other sources (in each case as permitted by law). This data could include, your name, contact details (physical address) or geographic location, age (or age range), shopping habits, preferences and information about your lifestyle (such as, your hobbies and interests), publicly available information (such as, user-generated content, blogs, postings, social media user name or ID, and social media profile photo).
You should note that where you share any of your activity on third-party social media platforms, you will then be subject to the privacy and cookie policies governing the respective platforms.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not, we might not be able to carry out the services you have requested of us.
• We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide you with information and updates in relation to our business, products, promotions, competitions, and events
• To allow you to participate in promotional and marketing activities
• To permit you to participate in our social media activities and forums
• To contact you in relation to products or services that you may provide to us
• To improve our products and services
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To help us to continue to improve our website
• To complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although such surveys will not be compulsory)
• To upload your CV to our website or complete our application form in support of your application for a role with us
• To respond to your questions and comments
• For internal record keeping purposes.
Please note that, when you use our website, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities, including:
• Your IP address
• Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
We do not hold more information than is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it. We do not collect or keep your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
We may disclose your personal data to other third parties (including members and subsidiaries of the Carbery Group), The Rocket Science Group LLC, Salesforce.com Inc and Orbit Media Studios Inc for the reasons described below. In some cases, this may involve transferring your personal data to other countries (inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA)):
• To support our business operations
• For audit purposes
• To comply with any legal obligation
• To apply or enforce our General Terms and Conditions.
To the extent that we do share your personal data with a third party, we would only do so if that party has agreed to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
By providing any personal data to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to such use and transfers as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We take our data security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness to assure such security. We regularly audit and review our data security measures and procedures to ensure compliance with data protection law. Unfortunately, the transmission of information by means of the Internet, including through e-mail, is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or from us by means of e-mail and any such transmission is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We may store your information in different places. Physical files are stored in our office and our archives. Electronic files are stored on our secure servers. We may transfer your data to, and store it at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever we transfer your data in such a way, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place. You may contact us via e-mail, letter or telephone in case you wish to find out more or to obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards.
We may contact you by mail, e-mail, telephone, and text about our products, promotions and other events which may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com with a header that says “Unsubscribe”.
If you visit our website to browse, read or download we may collect and store information about your use of the website through certain cookies that are set. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for more detail.
Where our website contains links to other websites of interest, you should be aware that we do not have control over those websites. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal data you choose to provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and check the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
• Right to be informed about whether we process your personal data
• Right of access to your personal data
• Right to rectification by us of your data where inaccurate or incomplete
• Right to erasure of your personal data
• Right to restrict processing of your personal data
• Right to data portability
• Right to object to direct marketing
You may exercise your rights by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we process your data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and will publish the updated version on our website.
If you would like to contact us with any queries or comments in relation to your personal data, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com