Taste Modulation solutions for the food, beverage and nutrition market
Taste Modulation Solutions
Manufacturers in the food and beverage industry are under growing pressure to produce healthier products without compromising on taste.
Whether reducing some ingredients to improve nutritional labelling or adding others to boost the health profile of a product, these changes create unique and complex taste challenges.
Our taste modulation portfolio leverages a robust toolbox of characterising and modulating taste solutions to address these multi-dimensional taste challenges and deliver healthy products with the taste consumers love.
Manufacturers are under growing pressure to reduce the sugar content of their products. Our sweetness modulation portfolio helps deliver a reduced sugar recipe that doesn’t compromise on sweetness, mouthfeel, and overall flavour delivery.
Sugar reduction solution
- Reduces sugar content by up to 30%
- Enhances the perception of sweetness
- Improves texture and indulgence
- Assists flavour delivery
- Replicates the taste of sugar in high-intensity sweetener products
- Reduces undesirable notes of high-intensity sweeteners such as stevia & sucralose
- Works with natural sugar replacers to improve overall taste experience
Sometimes the pursuit of functional, healthier and ethical products can create unique taste challenges, such as off-notes or bitterness. Our extensive protein and fermentation experience makes us uniquely placed to tackle the multi-dimensional taste challenges associated with functional, fortified and plant-based food and beverages.
Flavour masking solutions
- Reduces bitterness in BCAAs by 20%
- Masks undesirable notes of functional ingredients including proteins, vitamins and caffeine
- Masks undesirable notes often associated with sweeteners
Harmonising flavour solutions
- Delivers a clean, natural and balanced flavour profile
- Neutralises the flavour of plant-based foods
- Harmonises the taste of overly sweet beverages
There is nothing like salt to enhance a savoury taste but we all need to watch our intake for health reasons. Our portfolio of taste solutions allows manufacturers to reduce the sodium content of their recipes while delivering a more intense and balanced savoury taste experience.
Salt reduction solutions
- Reduces sodium levels
- Improves overall savoury taste experience
Umami & kokumi balancing
- Delivers increased umami taste perceptions
- Enhances taste with kokumi ‘mouthfulness’
Our dairy heritage and deep understanding of nutrition product development give us real insight into formulation nuances that help improve mouthfeel across a wide range of market categories, from plant-based food and drink to whey RTD or RTM products.
- Reduces grittiness
- Replicates the mouthfeel of fat in reduced fat recipes
- Improves residence time in the mouth for a longer flavour
- Adds creaminess
Calorie reduction solutions
- Up to 15% calorie reduction
- Improves indulgence and texture
With a robust set of resources to support you at every stage, we’ll keep you one step ahead of the next technical challenge.FIND OUT MORE
With unique insights, technical expertise and creativity, our team of experts will work with you to meet your challenges.FIND OUT MORE
Insights & Inspiration
Refining Taste and Texture in Plant Based Dairy Webinar
Watch Ulrick & Short and Synergy’s webinar here!read more
Butter – concerned about recipe costs? We have the solution
Butter has certainly grabbed the headlines in terms of price volatility with the chief executive of Arla going so far as to warn that this could translate into a butter shortage by Christmas.read more
Reducing fat by 70%? Fat Chance!
Think there’s no way you could reduce saturated fat up to 70% in cheese sauce while retaining the desired flavour and texture? Think again.read more
We’re passionate about helping our customers create great products.
Contact our sales and marketing team to request a sample, discuss a product specification or to learn more on our broad range of flavours and solutions.